Image Map

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Crazy Day

When the weather looks like this...

And has for many days in a row it starts to take its toll. I knew by the middle of last week that we needed a break from "normal" life. 

We decided to have a CRAZY DAY! When I scheduled the day I wasn't sure what it would entailed but I knew we would wear our pajamas while doing it! 


When the day is cold and foggy pajamas and a sweatshirt make everything a bit easier to bare. My students loved them too. I had more than one that told me how "cozy" they felt. 

Other than wearing pajamas I wanted our day to be a bit unusual. I need things to be exciting even while doing the normal everyday core lessons. After a bit of research I found exactly the app I was looking for.


This app is called Spinny Wheel and only cost $0.99. This was it! My golden ticket! My source for crazy day.


On Spinny Wheel you are able to program the activities you want and how many "lives" each section will have. (A life is how many times you can land on that section of the pie.) If you want you can even change the likelihood you will land on a specific slice. I didn't worry about that. I simply put in our normal core lessons and added a few fun games. 

I introduced the wheel to my students. We used tickets to randomly draw out a name. The selected student came up and spun the wheel. They cheered when it would stop on a subject. The timer was set and we were off. 


My students loved doing our normal things out of order! To be honest, so did I. We laughed a lot while each time the wheel was spun. Then we got to work and finished our work.


CRAZY DAY was such a success it is now on the books for once a month. I can't promise we will wear pajamas but we will use the wheel and mess up as much of our schedule as we can. 

Give it a try! CRAZY DAY can make any ordinary day feel special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment