Image Map

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Post-It Note Plan Book

I love plan books. Okay, I love plan books that are organized, colorful and give a nod towards my personality.  Over the years I have used lots of different kinds of plan books: big ones, little ones, online ones, and basic books supplied by my school.

While I have been thinking about the new year I came across The Wise & Witty Teacher and her Post-It Note plan book. After reading her post did my the wheels really started turning. I loved her idea! I love the different colors of the sticky notes, the love how clean and organized it looks, and I really liked the idea that I could move things around in minutes without having to use an eraser or white-out.

Personal Requirements:
1 - I wanted places to put the focus for each subject
2 - I wanted to be able to break my day down into small pieces (I work best that way)
3 - Of course I wanted to to match my classroom theme...Mickey!

Here is what I came up with:

I created the outside and the inside with my classroom theme in mind - it's a disease. :) I am really happy with how it turned out. I printed the front and back on card stock and then covered both covers in hard lamination. I want this book to last.

The top of every page has a place for me to write the focus or the core for each subject area. Directly below that I have Monday through Wednesday broken up into many boxes. I love being able to break my day into small, bite-size chunks. I can get more detailed in my planning and tend to miss less. Each colored sticky note represents a specific subject or time of day. You wouldn't need to have all of the different colors but I like how bright and colorful it turns out. You can see most of what I have planned for the first week of school. While planning I have already found anther reason to love this planner - switching things around is a snap. Simply pull up a sticky note and move it to it's new location. No eraser or white-out needed.

(Ha! Notice my 9-month pregnant belly in the bottom right of this picture? I didn't even notice when I was taking the picture. I guess that it is simply a sight I have gotten used to over the past few months.)

What do use for your plan book?




No comments:

Post a Comment