Image Map

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Back to School Notes


At the start of the new year I always need to gather information from parents and students. This past year I had to fill out an insane amount of paperwork for my oldest two kiddos. LOTS AND LOTS - so I understand not wanting to fill out another paper. After sorting through all of the notes I have used in the past and looking at notes my children brought home; I carefully chose three. Three notes that I thought would be the most beneficial to myself as a teacher, and ones I wouldn't hate to fill out as a parent. :)


Parent Helper Notes:

I love parent helpers. Over the years I have found that parents often want to help but it scares them a little bit. They often don't know what would be required of them, and it feels overwhelming and daunting. This note gives them a clear understanding, right from the beginning, of what they can do. 

First are questions about how a parent wishes to help, both in and out of the classroom. Next are questions asking when they are wiling to help. All essential questions to get parents and guardians and involved as soon as possible. 

The next note I chose was a 
Student Information Note:


This can be the hardest for parents to fill out and yet if we really read it as a teacher can be the first insight into our students. 


Personal Note - my own son has really struggled with a love of reading. He would do it if we made him or his teachers asked them but there wasn't a love behind it at all. I was given a student information sheet where I was able to share with his teacher his love of science and animals. A few weeks into school my son started coming home beyond excited about the books he was reading in reading groups. Books about spiders, volcanoes, and stars. When I mentioned it to his teacher she told me that she had gone back and read through the notes again looking for insights into my little guy. Not only did it melt my heart but changed the way my boy looked at reading. 

Finally I have a media note:

There are times when we show different clips of media to help deepen understanding, build a little scheme or simply have fun. This note is only returned if parents have a problem with your use of media.

There you have it three carefully chosen and designed notes. 

If you are interesting in purchasing a set for yourself click HERE.

Recap...
If you are like me and want notes that are clean, easy to read, and coordinate with your classroom then these are for YOU!

Notes included:
* Parent Helper Note
* Student Information Note
* Media Permission Note

ALL notes are included in the following themes:
* Beach
* Baking/Chef
* Classroom Supplies
* Art/Artist
* Cartoon Mouse
* Cowboy
* No graphics
Need an different note in one of these themes? Want a different theme? Let me know and I am happy to make that happen.











No comments:

Post a Comment