Image Map

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

One Year Sabbatical

I absolutely love this time of year. I love the excitement of decorating and prepping things for my new year of kiddos. I love boxes and bins of new school supplies. I love the anticipation. I love all the energy that I seem to have as I am planning and prepping all of my lessons. This year it is a bit different.

This year I am taking a sabbatical while my husband finishes his last semester of law school. He only has one semester, which means we are only going to be gone for about six months. Since missing six months wasn't a real option the sabbatical seemed like our best decision. I admit I cried taking my classroom down. I love teaching and that part of my life. Not having school is going to be hard. The best part is going to be the year spent at home with my little girl. It will also be great to spend the year attending my older two's classroom parties and special events. 

To make this happen we packed up half of our stuff and moved our little family across the country. We have spent the last week moving into our apartment and adjusting to life away from what we have known. The one thing that has helped me feel connected to the classroom is still doing what I do best. Planning and creating. I hope you will continue to follow me and see what fun products I have to share with you this year. 

 All packed up and ready to go. (See my tiny trailer? Not bad for a family of 5!)

Driving. Pulling a trailer took us 40 hours! It was a long drive.

Mt. Rushmore just one of the stops my little family made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment